With the federal legalization of hemp and the widespread exposure of the benefits of CBD oil, CBD is earning a well-deserved reputation as a wellness marvel across the country.
This natural extract is praised as a potent supplement that could help with chronic health issues such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, and more. Known as the non-psychoactive component of hemp and marijuana that doesn’t cause the euphoric high associated with THC, CBD oils are now available in a variety of forms including soft gel capsules, wax, tinctures, skin creams, edibles, concentrate, patches—the list goes on.
But what exactly can you get out of your CBD? Below are 12 of the popular benefits of CBD oil to get you started.
Benefits Of CBD Oil
Because of its inherent anti-inflammatory and anxiolytic properties, CBD oils can be used for a variety of applications. It’s important, however, to always consult your doctor before attempting to treat conditions on your own and discuss the right treatment option for you and your needs.
Here are a few benefits of CBD oil:
- People suffering from chronic pain due to fibromyalgia have reported great relief by using CBD oil. It works by preventing degeneration of the nervous system and may help with inflammation associated with many non-infectious diseases such as cancer, Type 1 Diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and heart disease.
- The anti-seizure properties of CBD oil make it an option for neurological disorders such as epilepsy. Some studies show a potential benefit for complications arising from neuronal injury, neurodegeneration, and psychiatric diseases as well.
- CBD oil may be recommended to patients suffering from chronic anxiety and other behavioral disorders. It may also be advantageous for substance abuse disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- The neuroprotective and antioxidant properties of CBD oil prove it to be a good option for treating oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. Several medical health experts recommend CBD oil to prevent stress-influenced blood pressure fluctuations in the human body. It can further help to deal with several heart ailments, including artery blockage, cholesterol levels, and heart disease.
- Cannabinoids are effective in elimination of harmful bacteria, therefore, it is recommended as a potential solution to fight multi-drug resistant bacteria. This natural extract works by inhibiting T-cell proliferation from preventing superbug attacks.
- Studies show CBD oil is capable of combating certain symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Schizophrenia is a complex mental illness. Although it is treated using some therapies and certain pharmaceutical drugs, they generally cause unwanted and often severe side effects. Research shows CBD oil may be an effective solution to reduce hallucinations with lower incidence of side effects. It is being researched as a safe, well-tolerated, alternative to the treatment of psychosis.
- CBD oil is a potential solution to treat skin conditions such as eczema. This natural extract also helps to regulate oil production in the skin and as such can help to reduce acne.
- People that struggle with tobacco or other addictions are also seeking out CBD as a potential solution. Proper CBD oil dosing may reduce symptoms associated with insomnia, pain, mood swings, anxiety, and substance abuse.
- While still very much in the research stages of effective treatment, many CBD studies show it may be helpful in the fight against chronic illnesses like cancer. It works by suppressing the growth of cancerous cells and prompting apoptosis (normal and controlled cellular death).
- CBD oil may aid in preventing the development of age-related and degenerative illnesses. Some studies even suggest it can help slow or halt the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
In short, CBD oil stands as one of the most versatile health supplements for human beings and even animals alike, providing a range of potential health benefits from reduced anxiety to clearing up acne and beyond.